Many businesses need bonds to complete their insurance package. We offer several bond options to meet the needs of a wide variety of professions.
Your local independent agent will work with you to discuss your needs and find the type of bond that is right for you – find your local independent agent representing Auto-Owners today!
Auto-Owners Surety Bonds guarantee performance of a contract or obligation. Some of the surety bonds offered by Auto-Owners include:
- Contract Bonds - Guarantees a contractor will complete their work and pay their bills during the contract.
- License and Permit Bonds - Guarantees an individual or business, granted a license or permit to operate, will meet their obligations under the law.
- Court and Fiduciary Bonds - Guarantees an individual will comply with the instructions of the court.
- Public Official Bonds - Guarantees a public official will serve their elected or appointed office properly.
- Miscellaneous Bonds - Guarantees a variety of obligations including travel agency bonds and lost instrument bonds, among others.
A fidelity bond is designed to protect your company’s assets from fraudulent or dishonest acts by your employees. Fidelity bonds can be written as part of your business insurance package or as a separate bond. Some of the fidelity bonds offered by Auto-Owners include:
- Employee Dishonesty Bonds - Protect your company’s assets from theft by an employee. This coverage can be issued on a blanket basis or by specifying individual employees or positions that handle your company’s money.
- ERISA Bonds - The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 requires trustees and pension plans to have fidelity bond coverage for the plan’s assets. An ERISA bond from Auto-Owners protects participants and beneficiaries from dishonest acts of individuals who handle pension plan benefits or 401(k) plans.
This material is intended as a general guide or primer only and analysis of coverage is in general terms for the sake of simplicity and understanding. Any of the content provided on this webpage is superseded in all respects by the Insuring Agreements, Endorsements, Exclusions, Terms and Conditions of the Policy. The material on this webpage is not an exhaustive list of the coverages available. Some of the coverage mentioned in this material may not be applicable in all states or may have to be modified to conform to applicable state law. Some coverages may have been eliminated or modified since the posting of this material.