Everyone lives in a flood zone. Make sure your property is covered with a flood insurance policy from Auto-Owners.
Think you don’t need flood insurance because you don’t live along a river or stream? Nobody is risk-free when it comes to flooding. In fact, 25% of all flood insurance claims occur in areas considered to be at “lower risk” for floods.
Your agent will work with you to discuss your needs and find the coverages that are right for you – find your local independent agent representing Auto-Owners today!
Consider These Facts
- Nearly all policies providing multi-peril property coverage exclude flood damages.
- The average cost of property damage caused by a flood is $39,000 and it can take less than 1 foot of water to cause it.
- Floods are not only caused by rivers or lakes. They also result from levee or dam failures, clogged storm drains, broken water mains and even collapsed swimming pools.
What Coverages are Typically Included?
Coverage is available for residential, agricultural and commercial buildings. A flood insurance policy provides coverage for the following:
- The insured building and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces and water heaters
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves and built-in appliances, such as dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
- Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases and cabinets
- Window blinds
- Detached garages and buildings
- Debris removal
How do I get a quote?
We offer our insurance products through independent agents because of the many advantages they offer you. Use our Agency Locator to find an independent insurance agent near you to get a quote.
This material is intended as a general guide or primer only and analysis of coverage is in general terms for the sake of simplicity and understanding. Any of the content provided on this webpage is superseded in all respects by the Insuring Agreements, Endorsements, Exclusions, Terms and Conditions of the Policy. The material on this webpage is not an exhaustive list of the coverages available. Some of the coverage mentioned in this material may not be applicable in all states or may have to be modified to conform to applicable state law. Some coverages may have been eliminated or modified since the posting of this material.