Disability Insurance Title Bar
Disability - Overview
Disability income may be used to replace earned income while disabled from sickness, injury or mental or nervous disorder. Many people believe they will be covered by Social Security or workers’ compensation if they were to become disabled, but the facts are too great to ignore:
- Less than 5% of disabling accidents and illnesses are work-related. The other 95% are not, meaning workers’ compensation doesn’t cover them.
- Only 35% of workers applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claim payments in 2009 were approved.*
- 24-hour coverage every day, while on or off the job
- Coverage to age 67
- The benefit you purchase will not be reduced by other disability benefits
- Premiums are waived after disability has lasted 90 consecutive days
*Source: Council for Disability Awareness, Long-Term Disability Claims Review, 2010.
Note: The analysis of coverage is in general terms and is superseded in all respects by the Insuring Agreements, Endorsements, Exclusions, Terms and Conditions of the Policy. Some of the coverage mentioned in this material may not be applicable in all states or may have to be modified to conform to applicable state law. Some coverages may have been eliminated or modified since the posting of this material.
Underwritten and issued by Auto-Owners Life Insurance Company