COVID-19 Special Message
Due to a reduction in travel across the nation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be providing up to a 15% premium refund to our personal automobile policyholders for the months of April and May. Here are details:
- This refund will automatically occur. There is no action needed on your behalf.
- The refund will be processed upon regulatory approval. We expect this will take place during the month of May.
- This refund will apply to autos on your policy that include bodily injury coverage.
- If you are enrolled in our Customer Center, you can locate your refund notice when you log in. If you are not enrolled in the Customer Center, please click here to enroll. Your notice will be available upon state regulatory approval sometime in May.
- Your refund will be applied to any outstanding balance on your billing account. Any remainder will be returned via check or your automatic payment method.
- New customers written during the months of April and May will also be eligible for this refund. Policies need to be in force effective May 31, 2020 for the refund to apply.
- Existing customers must have bodily injury coverage in force on March 31, 2020 in order for the refund to apply.
- ATVs, snow mobiles, golf carts, campers and similar items will not be eligible for the refund.
- For Michigan customers, the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) charge will not be included in your refund calculation. MAIPF/JUA policies are excluded from the refund.
- For North Carolina ceded auto policies, the refund will not apply.
- If you have questions, please contact your Auto-Owners Independent Agency.
We are committed to the health and safety of our associates and agencies while maintaining operational services for our policyholders. Below are the best ways to manage your insurance needs:
If you need to file a claim or need assistance with a policy, please contact your local independent agency.
You can connect to our system 24/7 via our Customer Center app. Pay your bill, upload and view claims documents, view Insurance ID cards and policy documents.
You can pay your bill without logging into our Customer Center via Pay Now.
Our billing representatives are willing to discuss options to assist you such as: defer the minimum amount due, change your due date, change your payment plan or offer a payment extension. They can be reached Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm EST by calling 1-800-288-8740.
After-hours claim reporting is available by calling 1-888-252-4626.
If you need assistance with a policy, please contact your local independent agency.
Our Life & Health billing representatives have similar options to our Property & Casualty billing representatives. For assistance with a life or disability income policy, you can contact a Life & Health billing representative Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm EST by calling 1-800-346-0346 ext. 51860.
You can pay your bill from your bank account or credit card via Pay Now or by calling our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 1-888-970-0415. Residents of Colorado: Please visit this page for additional payment information specific to your state.
Our dedicated team of associates and agencies are committed to serving your insurance needs.
As more states enact restrictions to help deter the spread of COVID-19, many restaurants are moving to take-out or delivery-only service. As a result, these businesses may be asking their employees to deliver food using their personal vehicles on a temporary basis.
Subject to policy terms and conditions, these exposures created when the employee of the insured is engaged in delivering food on behalf of a restaurant may be covered if Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability coverage is added to the policy.
Please contact your Auto-Owners agent for additional information.